The Alton is proud to have a SEND Resource Base provision for children with general to moderate learning differences and a specialist education and therapy team who are passionate about inclusive education.
Do you know a child who:
- Has a love for art, drama, music or food?
- Finds it hard accessing full time mainstream education?
- Has the potential to excel in a mainstream school?
Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities resource base provision may be just the fit.
- A specialist education & therapy team who all have a passion for inclusive education.
- A provision that offers targeted support so children can access the national curriculum and school life whilst providing specialist teaching and interventions.
- A provision that is integrated into the mainstream school. All Resource Base classrooms are situated amongst the mainstream classes.
What we do:
- We teach the national curriculum and life skills.
- Our learning is multi-sensory. We incorporate performance arts, food, props and movement to support engagement, understanding and expression.
- We have specialist teaching & therapy approaches for literacy, numeracy and communication.
- The adult's and children’s communications are supported with Makaton and visual support.
- We have holistic approaches embedded into teaching interventions and pastoral care including yoga, nature, and music.
Who is our provision for?
Children with learning differences where their primary barrier to progressing in education is learning and cognition. They may have a diagnosis of global developmental delay or learning difficulties/disabilities (general or moderate).
We typically support children who are 2 to 3 years behind their peers in education attainment levels in all areas of their learning and development.
Want to know more?
Please send an enquiry to email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch.
All applications must be made via Wandsworth Special Needs Assessment Service (SNAS).
You can also read our full SEND Information report here.